Sunday, May 22, 2011

BREAKING: Oscar De La Hoya Enters Rehab Facility In California

Oscar De La Hoya

Oscar De La Hoya has checked himself into rehab.  He entered a facility in California within the last couple of weeks, due to a problem with substance abuse.  Oscar issued a statement to TMZ that read:


"After doing an honest evaluation of myself, I recognize that there are certain issues that I need to work on. Like everyone, I have my flaws, and I do not want to be one of those people that is afraid to admit and address those flaws. 

"Throughout my career and my life, I have always met all challenges head-on, and this is no different. I am confident that with the support of my family and friends, I will become a stronger, healthier person. 

"I ask for respect and privacy as my family and I go through this process."

De La Hoya has posted a flurry of very introspective tweets in the past few days, including, "Take a deep breathe and let out all that anger that makes you hate. it really is going to be o.k."  and "Stop finding excuses not to live. life is controlled by what you make of it and not of what it makes of you."

De La Hoya retired back in 2009. He had a career record of 39-6, held several championship belts, and won an Olympic Gold Medal back in 1992. 
Source


Photo by PR Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment