Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's Official: Katie Couric To Leave CBS Evening New

Katie Couric


Yes, it's happening!  Katie Couric will leave her post at the CBS Evening News.  She told People,

“I have decided to step down from the CBS Evening News. I’m really proud of the talented team on the CBS Evening News and the award-winning work we’ve been able to do in the past five years in addition to the reporting I’ve done for 60 Minutes and CBS Sunday Morning. In making the decision to move on, I know the Evening News will be in great hands, but I am excited about the future.”

Unsure of her next move, Katie said,


“I am looking at a format that will allow me to engage in more multi-dimensional storytelling,” she says, adding that other details, including when and where the show will air, are “still being discussed.”

“The bottom line is that I love doing all kinds of different stories. I have a lot of areas of interest and I want to be able to fulfill all of that.”


We'll sure miss her!  I'm sure she'll be successful in what ever endeavor she pursues!  Good luck Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment