Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Serena Williams Recovering From Big Health Scare

Serena Williams
Serena Williams is at home now, resting and trying to recover from her big health scare last week.  People magazine was the first to report that Serena had suffered a pulmonary embolism (which is when blood clots form in the lungs) as a result of treatment for a more serious condition.  On Monday, Serena was admitted to Cedars-Sinai hospital and underwent emergency treatment.

Serena released a statement saying:

"Thank you everyone for all of your prayers, concerns, and support. This has been extremely hard, scary, and disappointing. I am doing better, I'm at home now and working with my doctors to keep everything under control. I know I will be ok, but am praying and hoping this will all be behind me soon. While I can't make any promises now on my return, I hope to be back by early summer. That said, my main goal is to make sure I get there safely."


We hope Serena gets well soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment