Monday, April 18, 2011

Lady Gaga's Harper's Bazaar Cover Shoot

Harper’s Bazaar Forces Lady Gaga to Explain Her Facial Prosthetics


Gaga is everywhere!  Harper's Bazaar snagged her for their May, 201 issue and forced her to explain her....facial prosthetics.  New York Mag posted a few lines from her interview with Harper's Bazaar.  Gaga says,

"It's artistic expression," Gaga says. "It's a performance-art piece. I have never, ever encouraged my fans or anyone to harm themselves, nor do I romanticize masochism. Body modification is part of the overarching analysis of 'Born This Way.' In the video, we use Rico, who is tattooed head to toe [including a skull on his face]. He was born that way. Although he wasn't born with tattoos, it was his ultimate destiny to become the man he is today."

She continues to say,

"I have never had plastic surgery, and there are many pop singers who have. I think that promoting insecurity in the form of plastic surgery is infinitely more harmful than an artistic expression related to body modification."


All I can say is that fame and money makes people do crazy things!




No comments:

Post a Comment