Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Toni Braxton Talks About The Health Scare That Made Her Go Bankrupt

Toni Braxton
Toni Braxton, known for her sultry, one-of-a-kind, voice sat down with ET to talk about the health problems that put her career on hold and financially devastated her.  Toni said that many people where aware that she suffered from lupus, but many were unaware of the financial burden she carried trying to take care of her health.

She said,

"It wasn't about cutting back, it was about a business bankruptcy, more than anything, because I was doing my show in Vegas and I was forced to cancel my show because of my illness and all of my other concerts after that."

Toni, of course, still struggles with lupus.  She said, "Today is a good day. I have good days and bad days. But today is a great day, if you ever see me a little chunky it's because of all the steroids, all the shots and things and my medications. But today's a great day, I'm a little thinner today, I fit into this fabulous dress, so I feel really good."

Toni also has an autistic son, Diesel, who is progressing very well, saying, "I'm very fortunate because I found out when he was young, and because of that, early intervention changed things. He's in the second grade, in public school, special education program, with all his therapies -- his speech and occupational -- so I'm one of the lucky parents."

Toni's show, "Braxton Family Values" premiered on WE tv last night.  She teams up with her four sisters on the reality show.

To see interview, click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment