Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Halle's Custody Battle Gets "Racy"!

Halle Berry, exiting an elevator today, February 8, 2011, in Los Angeles.
 This is getting to be a fiasco (see my previous post on this topic).  Now Halle is playing the "Race Card".  Granted, what she says about the "Baby Daddy" may be true ( that he gets upset when people refer to their daughter, Nahla, as black), but where does that play into the custody dispute?  Showbiz Spy reports that Halle considers her daughter to be 'black', even though her father, Gabriel Aubry, is white.  Halle, who has a white mother and a black father, also considers herself black.  She says,

“I’m not going to put a label on it.  I had to decide for myself and that’s what she’s going to have to decide — how she identifies herself in the world.  And I think, largely, that will be based on how the world identifies her. That’s how I identified myself. But I feel like she’s black.  I feel like she’s black. I’m black and I’m her mother and I believe in the one-drop theory.”

Is she kidding?  The "One-Drop" theory?  What year are we in?  The "One-Drop" (really started during slavery) theory refers to the controversial US legislation racial classification that states anyone with even "one drop" of black blood, should be classified as black.  I'll just end it there.....  Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment